Volunteers Activities– Under Various Portfolio
There are many ways that you can contribute to PMI Mumbai Chapter as a volunteer and advance your career. Our volunteer opportunities encompass a wide range of interests, skills and goals, so find the opportunity that’s right for you.
- Develop a Calendar of Knowledge Sharing Events/ Workshops for the next six/twelve months,
- Announcing the calendar in advance ( to enable members to schedule and participate in those which are of interest),
- Working with the Speakers to help them enrich the contents to make it PM involved/oriented, case studies, illustrations,
- Distributing Synopsis in advance
- Call for Questions in advance and pass those on to the Speakers.
- Important announcements may be made during the session and presented on PPT to register the same in the minds of the readers. Mail these PPTs along with the Presentation PPTs.
- Prepare monthly update of the portfolio.
- Use the opportunity for Networking. Introduce Members by rotation and highlight their strengths, hobbies, where they stay, so on and so forth.
- Seed for imaginative fun events.
- Organize tea break of PMPclub
- Have Breakfast/Tea/Dinner Sessions (relaxed) with families if possible, periodically.
- If possible, simultaneously have a parallel session for the families (non PM spouses)
- PDU Reporting to PMI. Verify program attendence to prepare PDU report.
- Manage financials of the event.
- Address Program related PDU issues
- Publicity of the event to increase participation. Managing "PMIMC Linkedin / Facebook / Twitter group"
- Compile post event suvey/feeback from participants. Take corrective actions as appropriate as per the feeback given by the participants.
- Managing knowledge base about the session
Programs - Managing Conferences
- Budgeting of the Event
- Coordination with the other teams.
- Risk management
- Cost management
- Tracking and monitoring the activities
- closure activites
- Finalization of concept
- Selecting the theme of the event
- Identifying relevant speakers
- Compiling and providing appropriate information to speakers
- Short listing the speakers with appropriate backup
- Follow up and confirmation of the speakers
- Inviting the speakers and doing proper follow up to ensure their participation
- Identifying venue
- Compiling & Short listing the Venue
- Selection of Venue
- Identifying risks related to venue and mitigation planIdentifying actions for PMI MC and venue management
- Booking the Venue
- Registration for the event
- Doing follow up with venue management to ensure actions take places as scheduled
- Deciding the sponsorship amount
- Identifying sponsors
- Follow up and coordination with right people to get sponsors
- Approach companies for sponsorship
- Compiling and providing appropriate information to sponsors
- Preparing list of items required from sponsors.
- Following up with sponsors to ensure cheque and other identified items are available on time
- Identifying mode various mode of marketing
- Compiling information for brochures and other kind of advertisements
- Designing the broacher and Flyer
- Identifying targeted audiences for advertisement
- Distribution of the broacher
- Preparing and sending teasers for the events
- Updating PMI Mumbai web site
- Buzzing around as we approach events
Back office Management
- Supporting and working with main coordinator in all steps from planning to closure.
- Send the invite to participants
- Registration & receiving the payments from participants
- Publishing badges/tickets for participants and speakers
- Gifts for speakers
- Payment to the speaker
- Actual cost consolidation at end of event
- Tracking the expenses
- Releasing payements and preparing cheques as per instructions
- Following up with all Leaders for getting regular updates
- Directing queries to appropriate person
Interest and purpose for forming a new PMI community
- Providing PMI Mumbai Chapter (MC) Members with classroom and other infrastructure to hold monthly lecture meetings at a convenient suburban location without any cost.
- Encouraging PMI MC Members to take up visiting faculty positions available with the University in their areas of specialization.
- Provide research opportunities in the area of Project Management to PMI MC Members.
- PMI MC Student members to gain access to mentoring and project internship opportunities.
- PMI MC Student members shall be better prepared for job opportunities in the field of PM through their participation in branch activities and networking with PM professionals.
Proposed activities and services
- Monthly knowledge sharing sessions on PM topics to be held at NMIMS University. Some of these could be conducted by International Speakers.
- Training for CAPM Certification to be conducted at NMIMS University by PMI MC twice a year or on based on demand from the student community and other PMI MC members
- Training on MS project or other tools to be conducted at NMIMS University by PMI MC for the benefit of student and other PMI MC members.
- Organize competition at NMIMS University such as Best Project Award, Best PM paper among the student community.
- Open networking sessions as part of monthly meetings at NMIMS University
- Course Accreditation with PMI for some of the MBA courses run by NMIMS university
- Fair understanding of conflict of inertest (COI) & PMI code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Impartially listen/read the communication between the BOD members, between BOD members and society, between BOD members and volunteers, between volunteers & society
- Identify existence of COI or violation of professional ethical practices
- Warn parties, if any potential COI is possible or any violation of professional conduct is possible
- Interview parties if any violation occurs
- Prepare a report and submit to BOD
- Conduct training on COI & PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Attend board of directors (BOD) meetings
- Co-ordinate with other Ethics Committee (EC) members to get an unbiased opinion about any incident or potential violation/COI
- Announcing Events, Functions, Items of General Interest etc.
- PPT Loops during Events of latest Chapter activities
- Use of website for Event Registrations
- Manage (upload/remove/organize/rename etct.) contents/ permissions on sharepoint server
- Develop questions/Send question request to members/Forward questions to speakers before event happens
- Receiving Feedback from Event participants through tailor made Forms
- Compilation of Lessons Learned
- Send post event report
- Flyers for PMI Events (Leadership Meetings)
- Mailing of Chapter Updates
- Mail Membership Renewal letters
- Welcoming New Members by Letters
- Introducing New Members during Monthly PMP Club Meetings
- Sending of post –event Articles to e-Link PMI Asia Pacific, PMI Today and Prakalp
- Participation in OnePMI online conferences
- Job postings on PMIMC website
- Monitoring PMP Club Yahoo Group and LinkedIn
- Contributing to PMI Taxonomy
- Chapter Performance Measurement
- Defining of Performance Measurement Framework
- Obtaining Feedback of Events, Website, Development and use of various Tools, Website SharePoint
- Evaluation of Feedback and Recommendation
- Constant Contact (Mass mailing) as per the PMIMC requirement
- Organize web-ex conference
- Stakeholder management
- Online surveys (design/circulate/compile results/send results for publication/mass mailing/to PMI USA)
- Manage a list of assigned work, and progress of the activities and prepare a report
- PayPal integration for online payment
- Contribute in budget preparation
Marketing - Publication
- Get articles from PM experts from anywhere in the world
Compile the release/edition
- Volunteer can reach out to networks and get articles, book reviews
- Edit and fine tune articles received
- Volunteers can precise write or give review comments to author (via submitting reviews to VP Publications)
- Get cover page models
- Volunteers can reach out to people they know who can be good cover page models (CPMs). Refer last 3-4 editorials. CPMs can be celebrities, project management achievers, or simply a smiling face.
Collaborate with Vice President - Corporate Relations to obtain advertisements for the PRAKALP Magazine. This is an important task as we need good funding for the magazine to cover design cost and ANNUAL EDITION printing cost.
Full page advertisement is 10,000 and half page is 5,000. In essence we need to just cover cost, no profit.
Typically in a month 16 hours of input will do from Volunteers. There is no remuneration please note.
- Volunteers can talk to PMI Board Members , and on email obtain the updates, photographs if any of that portfolio event, pm humor quotes, fillers etc and come up COMPILE a edition
- Interview PM experts from the industry/celebrities buusiness heads
- Volunteer Interviews can be published in Prakalp
- Help the look - feel designer Vendor design the edition
- Volunteers sit with the designer, get the color the Cover page and format right.
- Know the volunteer need of various portfolios: Interact with VPs of other portfolios and know the skills and number of volunteers required.
- Advertise volunteer need of the organization: Advertise the need on website, emails, pmpclub meetings, PMIMC news letters etc.
- Identify volunteer: Meet volunteers. Get their list of aspirations and expectations as a volunteer. Explain them type of work involved in various activities of various portfolio. Group the volunteers as per their skills and interests.
- Assign volunteers to portfolio and make sure they are all the time assigned to a portfolio and being used.
- Maintain a list of volunteers
- Motivate volunteer. Identify the mechanism to keep volunteers motivated when they are least loaded or not working on any interested activities of their choice or of least importance.
- Identify the volunteer training material required
- Prepare volunteer training material with the help of portfolios.
- Identify budget required for volunteer development.
- Identify training and grooming need of volunteer and then assign them to portfolio
- Train volunteer on roles and responsibilities
- Development of volunteer to next level (career plan as a volunteer)
- Initiate and lead volunteer of the year award