PMI Mumbai Chapter membership is open to anyone actively engaged or interested in the application, practice, teaching and researching of Project Management, its principles and techniques.
Is it worth becoming a PMI Mumbai Chapter member?
Yes, the benefits are mentioned below.
• Associate with more than 9500+ local project management professionals.
• Attend monthly opportunities to network and listen to interesting speakers discuss cutting edge project management topics.
• Receive quarterly Newsletter "Prakalp" containing local Chapter and project management information.
• Receive FREE / Discounted products by our sponsors/partners.
• Get assistance for PMP certification from PMP certified and working professionals.
• Learn about the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
• Build relationships with Ambassadors who provide an interface between the chapter members, local, private, and public sector organizations.
• Practising PMPs can earn 1 to 2 PDUs by attending seminar.
• Practising PMPs can earn 5 PDUs by delivering presentation in monthly seminar.
• Practising PMPs can earn 1 to 3 PDUs if your article published in Chapter Newsletter
• Annual General Meetings only for Chapter's registered members
• Chapter members get privilege to elect Board of VPs and thus can provide a direction for the chapter, others can't vote.
What are the benefits for Individual?
• Educational Programs
• Seminars & Symposium
• Periodical Publications
• Educational Foundation
• Component Organizations
• Career Services
• On-line Services
• Research & Standards
• Professional Certification
• International Professional Awards Program
• Books, CD-ROMs & other resources
What are the benefits for Organization?
If your organization is involved in execution of projects, no matter what industry sector, you need to sponsor your key persons for PMI® membership.
This gives the company recognition and visibility by your organization's increased ability to positively impact the outcome of your projects. You give value to your customers and increase the organization's attractiveness. The benefits may be summarized as follows:
• Standardization of work methods and procedures consistent with recognized PMBOK®
• Effective employees development framework
• Ability to leverage an established program
• Enhancement of employee knowledge and competency and improved productivity
• Better monitoring and control of projects
• Savings in operating costs and fattened bottom lines
Who Can Join?
Project Management Institute Mumbai Chapter membership is open to anyone actively engaged or interested in the application, practice, teaching and researching of Project Management, its principles and techniques. Project Management Institute's leadership is comprised of volunteer members supplemented by professional staff. Members have voting rights and privileges. Students enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited or globally equivalent college/university are eligible for non-voting student membership at reduced rates.
Specific Interest Membership
Here you can share your knowledge and learn from others in your own industry sector application area. It makes your professional life more fulfilling. It makes you reach higher and higher levels of efficiency, productivity and capability by enlarging your knowledge base. All this arms you with a cutting edge and sets you on a path of a very fast career growth.
Members of PMI can join these groups and the listing of these groups can be checked out on PMI website
Project Management Publications
PMI® also advances the Project Management profession through its periodicals and through its publication of books on Project Management. Major contributions to the state-of-the-art are presented through the pages of the Project Management Journal® , PM Network® and PMI Today® .
The Mumbai Chapter also publishes its periodic journal "Prakalp", which contains local issues and developments in the field of Project Management.
These publications present the most advanced techniques, research theories and applications. Experts from the international Project Management community detail the methods they use to successfully manage projects.
As a global advocate for the Project Management profession, the PMI Bookstore offers you a comprehensive array of material to enhance your professional knowledge. PMI® James R. Snyder Center For Project Management Knowledge and Wisdom is your source for relevant, reliable, and timely information for the global practice and profession of Project Management.
The membership fees of PMI and Mumbai Chapter are as follows:
1. PMI membership
- For Individuals - US$ 129
- For Retirees - US$ 65
- For Students - US$ 32
2. Application fee - US$ 10 (one time)
3. Local Chapter fee (Mumbai Chapter) - US$ 10
1. All fees to be sent to PMI directly.
2. PMI and MC have concessional rates for students.
3. Please check www.pmi.org website for updated rates.